Celebrate National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
March 10, 2008 at 1:00 am
Monday, March 10, 2008 Marks the National Observance of
National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
10 Ways to Celebrate
1. Find an event near you. Visit Women’s Health Gov for more information.
2. To find a support group, call CDC-INFO at 800-232-4636 or visit www.hivtest.org
3. Want to find a place that offers care? Even if you don’t have insurance or funds? Find a location here.
4. Become educated. Some helpful sites include:
- Learn the Link between Drug Abuse and contracting HIV/AIDS.
- The official NWGHAAD site provides downloads for posters, podcasts, facts and more!
- AIDS.gov acts as a ‘gateway’ to federal HIV/AIDS information and resources.
5. Get tested for HIV.
6. Know Your A,B,C’s…
7. Practice safe sexual practices.
8. Be educated about high risk behaviors
9. Talk about it. Text about it. Tweet About it. Spread the buzz.
10. Write a blog post,😉.
Entry filed under: General Events and Happenings. Tags: AIDS, drug abuse, HIV, hiv awareness, hiv education, hiv prevention, hiv resources, hiv testing, HIV/AIDS, learn the link, National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, women and girls, women and girls hiv, women's health.