Are You a Change-Agent? User-Experience Inspires Environmental Change
Timberland + Changents provide an innovative platform, strategy and user experience for change
What do a bus, a canary, an artist, a rocker and a college grad have in common? Getting green. and inspiring others to follow suit.
Today, Timberland, the outdoor company, and Changents unveiled a new online experience where individuals can be catalysts for change by teaming up with environmental “Change Agents” from around the world to advance the green revolution.
Watch broadcasts of firsthand experiences from the field through blogs, videos, photo albums, Flickr streams, phoned-in podcasts, Twitter dispatches and more.
Back a Change Agent by assuming the roles of:
- “Fan” (a shout-out of support),
- “First Responder” (being on-call if their Change Agent gets in a pinch),
- “Buzz Builder” (promoting a Change Agent’s stories and Action Requests through viral sharing),
- “Angel” (helping fill their Change Agent’s piggy bank) and
- “Advocate” (influence policy makers with respect to a Change Agent’s cause)
Plug in to ‘Earthkeepers,’ where you can follow and interact with 5 extraordinary Change Agents, dubbed, “Earthkeeper Heroes.
- Big Green Bus (12 Dartmouth students travel the country this summer in a tricked-out school bus converted to run on waste vegetable oil);
- The Canary Project (an artist couple convey the story of human-induced climate change and potential solutions through media, events and artwork);
- Agent 350 (a recent college grad and his scrappy team sprint to build a global, online/offline climate action movement from scratch);
- Reverb (a group of rock and roll road warriors green summer concert tours for Dave Matthews, John Mayer and Maroon 5/Counting Crows while engaging fans around environmental sustainability);
- POWERleaper (A 23-year old designtrepeneur created a blueprint for urban flooring systems that generates electricity from human foot traffic).
Become an Earthkeeper Hero yourself! Nominate yourself or others to compete for a chance to join the ranks of this amazing group.
Changents.com is an entertainment-driven Internet destination that connects innovators of social and environmental change – Change Agents – with a global network of people who want to help them. In 2007, Changents was founded by two social entrepreneurs, Alex Hofmann and Deron Triff, who set out to engage a digitally-connected, socially-conscious generation on its own terms.
“We started Changents to give a new generation of social and environmental problem-solvers the tools they need to build teams of active followers and help them become ‘rock stars’ of change through the Internet,” said Changents Co-Founder and CEO Deron Triff.”
Entry filed under: Blog Talk, Case Studies and New Orgs/Campaigns, General Events and Happenings, Green Marketing, Social Media. Tags: Agent 350, Big Green Bus, change, change agent, changents, digital, earth, earthkeeper, Engagement, environment, environmental, go green, green, Green Marketing, individual, innovative, inspire, Marketing, network, POWERleaper, Reverb, social change, social change agent, Social Media, The Canary Project, Timberland, user experience, Web 2.0.