Bulletin: Updates in the Social Marketing Field
Word is – developments are on the move…
- According to Craig Lefebrve’s recent blog post, we should expect to hear more about a social marketing association at the CDC’s 2nd Annual National Conference in August and also at the World Social Marketing Conference in late September. This. is. very. exciting. =) Comments, ideas, suggestions, feedback, (you get the picture)…are encouraged on the social marketing wiki.
- The NSMC in the U.K. has announced that it’s developed the 1st set of occupational standards to apply to the social marketing field. These will also be formerly introduced during the World Social Marketing Conference in September.
- As of Friday, July 18th, Prof. Alan Andreasen announced that there are currently 1,758 subscribers to the social marketing listserv.
- The summer 2008 issue of the Social Marketing Quarterly has been released with some amazing content including a cover story about “Talking with Your Teen About Drugs,” as well articles about an integrated model for social marketers, survey results regarding international social marketing trainings, commentary from Stephan Dann, Nancy Lee, Michael Rothschild and Alan Andreasen regarding the new adopted definition of marketing by the AMA, and an in-depth look at the issue of flu vaccination.
- For those in Washington D.C., there is a new exhibit being shown at the National Academy of Sciences titled “An Iconography of Contagion,” which is displaying public health posters since WWII.
- Emerson College recently announced a new tenured-track faculty position in health communication and social marketing, starting for the 2009-2010 school year. Job description posted here.
- The Health Blogosphere: What It Means for Policy Debates and Journalism luncheon hosted by the Kaiser Family Foundation and features a great list of guest speakers including HHS Secretary Mike Leavitt, is in Washington D.C. July 29th. Spots are filling up quick so RSVP now. If you can’t make it, the program will be available in a webcast.
Stay tuned for the next edition of The Bulletin!
Entry filed under: The Bulletin. Tags: CDC conference, Flu Vaccination, health, Health Blogosphere, Iconography of Contagion, Marketing, National Academy of Sciences, occupational standards, Public Health, Social Marketing, social marketing association, social marketing listserv, Social Marketing Quarterly, world social marketing conference.