Posts tagged ‘Green Marketing’
Today was an exciting day off- and on-line. In celebration of Earth Day, many company’s changed their company logo. Which was your favorite?
Search Engine RoundTable
Yahoo (Original is in Flash)
Other’s that had Earth Day logos that I couldn’t get to upload during my mini-break in thesis writing include: MSN, the BBC and YouTube’s.
What ones have I missed and what ones are your favorites?
Join millions around the globe in celebrating Earth Day, this Tuesday, April 22, 2008. Here are some of the many ways you can join in the celebration:
1. I first want to congratulate you because the easiest way to celebrate Earth Day is to learn more about the earth and earth-related topics (recycling, global warming, agriculture, the ozone, water use, etc). You are already being proactive in this area by reading this blog post. =)
2. To learn more, plan a library day and check-out books about the earth.
3. Read about the history of Earth Day from the perspective of the founder of Earth Day, former Wisconsin Governor and Senator Gaylord Nelson.
4. Go through some serious ‘Spring Cleaning’ and donate games, clothes, books, movies, etc. to your local Goodwill.
5. Wear green or brown. If you dig this, more companies are created earth-friendly clothing, check out this brief article to find out what popular brands H & M, Victoria’s Secret, Lucky Brand Jeans and others are doing to get green.
6. Cook a special Earth Day dinner featuring organic foods.
7. Have an Earth Day Arts and Crafts Day. Kaboose lists some great earth-friendly arts and crafts activities that both you and your children/students will enjoy that use fun materials such as egg cartons, laundry soap containers, rocks, toothbrushes, coffee grounds and more!
8. Rent a movie that covers earth-related topics. This site lists environmental movies based on a subject search from Free Willy to to Banana Split, March of the Penguins, UnNatural Causes and more for every movie interest.
9. Plan an Earth Day Observance among friends or in your community. Charge $2-5 and donate the funds to a local earth-friendly charity.
10. Plant trees and do a dedication.
11. Build a birdhouse with your kids and/or family to encourage the local bird population, using various recycled pieces.
12. Review my post “Going Green,” which lists 40+ ways to go green in the kitchen, restroom, when cleaning, around the house, when shopping, eating, for activities and in entertainment, etc.
13. Leave your car at home and bike or walk to work. Or, plan a carpool.
14. Check out this Earth Day 2008 Calendar to see if there is an event being held in your area.
15. Change your avatar or icon on any of the social media: Twitter, Facebook, in comments, etc. to green.
16. Check out The Earthday Network for more information and opportunities to have your voice heard regarding the politics surrounding Earth Day issues.
17. Register your Earth Day event with the current list of over 12,000 and growing!
18. Share your message on Google’s interactive Earth Day map!
Add your own Suggestion in the comments! =)